One item on the menu is homemade toasted muesli. I got the inspiration for my recipe from here.
Here is my adaptation.
Toasted maple muesli
· About 5 cups (500 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
· 1.5 cups unsalted peanuts
· 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
· 1/2 cup (45 grams) raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
· 1/8 cup linseeds
· 1/3 cup sesame seeds
· A couple of pinches of freshly ground nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 225 ml pure maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
· Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
· Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper
· In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, nuts, seeds, nutmeg, and salt.
· In a small jug, stir together the oil, maple syrup & vanilla paste.
· Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together, making sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the liquid.
· Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring regularly so the mixture browns evenly.
If you like dried fruit in your muesli you could add 2 cups of dried cranberries, cherries, apricots, dates, figs, and/or raisins after the muesli is cooked and cooled completely. If you are feeling indulgent, you could add ½-1 cup of chopped good quality chocolate. I tried some muesli with some regular choc chips cut in half and it was ridiculously yum!!! Next time I’m going to add some chopped Green & Blacks chocolate to a small portion!
All ready for the party!!!!
Love Amy xoxo